Monday, December 23, 2013

Blogging appropriately...

Having a Blog is a huge responsibility, especially when you are blogging through your employer. I have found myself crossing the line on many occasions, in large part because I was seldom working from an organized schedule. I like to contrast myself with friend and colleague Raymond Chen, who writes blogs for his Blog many months in advance. I think it might drive me crazy to try that, since the temptation to re-visit and edit and change is simply *overwhelming*. Lacking the discipline of a Chen, I guess I just need (if I ever want my original Blog to return) to have a separate place for blogs too far off topic. I have decided to make it *this* place, where I can Sort the rest of it all Out. We'll see what happens from here... Michael Kaplan

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll always be somewhere! 😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you here! I hope the "official" blog will be restored: it has evolved into an invaluable source of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also hoping your MSDN blog returns. Was trying to direct a colleague to one of your posts, but could not do so. Making all of your posts unavailable is a huge disservice to Microsoft customers who find your posts invaluable. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello @RadicalDad,

      Since you were trying to get to a specific blog, the tricks with the Internet Archive might allow you to get to it sooner? I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope that this helps you

      Thanks for reading, and for your support.

      Delete